Planned giving is one of the most valuable ways to create a legacy that reflects the life you lived and what you believe while looking after those entrusted to your stewardship.
A ‘planned gift’ is any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning.
What is Christian Estate Planning?
Estate planning is the process of anticipating and arranging for the disposal of your stuff during your life. Estate planning typically attempts to eliminate uncertainties over the administration of your will and maximize the value of the estate by reducing taxes and other expenses.
Your will is the last statement you will ever make, therefore, you want it to be a meaningful one!
The inheritance you leave to your heirs is about more than the monetary assets of your estate; it is about their best interests and the values you want to pass on. Here are some questions to consider:
- What will be the spiritual inheritance you leave?
- Do you have a will that adequately reflects your heart?
- Will your legacy of giving extend beyond your own life?
- Do you have a will that reflects your heart?
- Do we acknowledge that God is the owner of everything and we are simply stewards of all He provides?
- Are we actively listening to God as we prayerfully prepare our Will as a godly steward?
- Have we found other faithful stewards of God’s resources into whose trustworthy hands we can transfer part of our estate?
- Does our will tell the story of our faith walk, as a continuing witness to God’s faithfulness and love for us?