Demonstrating Christ’s Love
Fellowship Chaplaincy seeks to enable chaplains to demonstrate the love of Christ where people live and work.
Fellowship Chaplaincy will be a dynamic extension of the local church resulting in transformed lives.
We will increasingly see partnerships with our churches and donors through:
- Connecting to a Fellowship chaplain to pray for their needs,
- Cooperating with a Fellowship chaplain to support their financial and prayer needs,
- Coordinating with a Fellowship chaplain to partner in ministry initiatives,
- Collaborating with a Fellowship chaplain to enter into formal partnership for a specific ministry initiative.
Fellowship chaplains serve people by passionately pursuing the following:
- We are God-focused in our attitude and service:
a. Prayer demonstrates our absolute dependence.
b. Presence demonstrates our calling and responsibility.
- We are local church-focused in our partnerships:
a. Promote healthy, accountable relationships with Fellowship churches.
b. Partner with Fellowship and other like-minded churches in ministry to their community.
c. Participate with church members in serving their colleagues at work.
- We are people-focused in our service:
a. Extend Christ's love to the struggling and spiritually needy.
b. Exercise sensitive and professional ministry practices.
c. Empower others to serve in the community.
Extending Local Church Impact
- Establish the “ministry of presence” by demonstrating the unconditional love of Christ in the community.
- Express compassion always, while sharing Christ whenever possible.
- Exemplify truth in love while working in a multi-faith environment.
- Extend their ministry in the community by partnering with the local church.
- Equip churches to serve in their community.
Fellowship Chaplaincy will:
- Ensure that the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals are accomplished.
- Ensure accountability and training of chaplains.
- Ensure effective member care is provided.
- Ensure help and expertise in the creating of chaplains’ prayer and financial support teams.
- Ensure the availability of professional affiliation and credentialing.